There are 5 components that are essential to an effective Fitness Program. When I work with a client my job is to make sure all of these components are used effectively. Our results will depend on it.
The Second component that I will like to discuss is the Strength & Endurance component.
Strength & Endurance Fitness and Exercises – Strength training is any exercise that involves working against resistance to develop the strength and endurance of muscle groups. Resistance may come from your own body or from equipment such as weight machines, free weights or barbells, a body bar, resistance bands, stability ball, or water.
Benefits of Strength & Endurance Training
1 Health Benefits
- Muscle endurance – Stregth exercises can help you maintain a healthy weight or lose weight as part of a doctor-approved diet plan. Weight loss occurs when your body burns more calories than you take in. Physical exercise burns calories as you expend energy with each movement. Your metabolic rate also increases with physical activity and remains elevated even while at rest — burning more calories for weight loss even when you are not active.
- More Energy – Endurance exercise gives you more energy to function better during everyday activities. Exercise improves the body’s ability to carry out normal functions, including those of the cardiovascular system, by transporting essential nutrients and oxygen to the cells and tissues of the body. Improved heart and lung function results in increased oxygen capacity and decreases the workload on the heart in pumping blood throughout the body. Daily tasks such as walking the stairs, lifting objects and running errands get easier with regular exercise.
- Improved Mood – Exercise can improve your mood and decrease stress levels. Chemicals and neurotransmitters — such as endorphins, referred to as the feel-good chemicals — are released during extended physical activity and contribute to feelings of happiness and calm. Exercise can also help you release tension and pent-up negative energy in a healthier manner than getting upset.
- Improved Muscle Tone – Physical exercise can help increase muscle strength and tone. Endurance exercise involves performing an activity for an extended period of time or for many repetitions. Strength training carried out using lighter weights in a low-volume, high-repetition program increases muscle endurance more than it does muscle mass. Your muscles get stronger and are better able to carry out activities for a longer period. Endurance exercises help to tone the muscles rather than creating larger, bulky muscles, which more typically result from lifting heavy weights for a low number of repetitions or from sprinting rather than long-distance running.
- Decreased Disease Risks – Physical activity helps to decrease the risk of serious health diseases and conditions. Strength training exercises can also aids in decreasing blood pressure, blood cholesterol levels, the risk of diabetes, stroke, heart disease, arthritis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, etc
2. Some examples of Strength training exercises include:
- · Squats
- · Lunges
- · Push Ups
- · Sit ups
- · Planks
- · Leg Press
- · Pull Ups
- · Leg Press Machine, etc
Contact Mariela Miller Today! 346-225-7930 To start working on simple tools to better your health and fitness.