There are 5 components that are essential to an effective Fitness Program. When I work with a client my job is to make sure all of these components are used effectively. Our results will depend on it.
The third component that I will like to discuss is the Flexibility component.
Flexibility or the Stretching component is an essential component of a balance exercise program. The ease with which you can move your muscles and joints through a full range of motion can affect your risk for muscle strains and musculoskeletal injuries.
To achieve a well-rounded stretching program:
- We make sure to stretch all major muscles groups.
- We stretch anywhere between 3 to 5 days a week, especially the days we exercise.
- We stretch to the point of slight resistance or tension, but not to the point of pain.
- Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds once the muscles are warmed up not cold.
- We repeat stretches 1 to 3 times.
Benefits of Stretching or increasing flexibility:
- Helps maintain good posture.
- Can lessen many everyday aches and pains and enhance mobility.
- Improves your efficiency at sport skills and every day activities.
- Reduces the rick or exercise related injuries.
- Relieves back pain and reduces risk for low back pain.
- Reduces muscle soreness after activity.
- Improves blood flow to the muscles.
Some examples of Stretching Modalities to improve flexibility that I may use for my clients include.
- Regular stretching exercising
- Yoga poses
- Stretching muscles with Foam Rollers
- Stretch out straps to improve flexibility
Contact Mariela Miller Today! 346-225-7930 To start working on simple tools to better your health and fitness.