Fitness Lifestyle is offering onsite or virtual one-on-one stretching classes. Sign up to take a One-on-one class with one of our experienced personal trainers. Stretching can help increase your flexibility, increase your movement, avoid injury, and allow for the body and mind to relax. If you haven’t worked out in many years a stretching class can be extremely helpful.
Stretching is an essential component of a balanced exercise program. The ease with which you can move your muscles and joints through a full range of motion can affect your risk for muscle strains and musculoskeletal injuries.
To achieve a well-rounded stretching program:
- We make sure to stretch all major muscle groups.
- We stretch anywhere between 3 to 5 days a week, especially the days we exercise.
- We stretch to the point of slight resistance or tension, but not to the point of pain.
- Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds once the muscles are warmed up not cold.
- We repeat stretches 1 to 3 times.
Benefits of Stretching or increasing flexibility:
- Helps maintain good posture.
- Can lessen many everyday aches and pains and enhance mobility.
- Improves your efficiency in sports skills and everyday activities.
- Reduces the risk of exercise-related injuries.
- Relieves back pain and reduces the risk for low back pain.
- Reduces muscle soreness after activity.
- Improves blood flow to the muscles.
Some examples of Stretching Modalities to improve flexibility that I may use for my clients include.
- Regular stretching exercising
- Yoga poses
- Stretching muscles with Foam Rollers
- Stretch out straps to improve flexibility